Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Yesterday held no surprises as I went over the results of last Friday's meylogram and CT scans with my surgeon. As suspected, I have a new ruptured disc at C5, C6/7 fusion from the first surgery is broken and not healing, C7/T1 from the second surgery is not healed completely. The new rupture is responsible for the increasing lose of strength and pain in my right arm and hand; no new news there either, just a confirmation that C5/6 are not happy and need some loving attention.
The plan is to repair the broken fusions and replace the ruptured disc with new bone cells, probably from my hip, and put in a new larger plate to hold C5 to C7 together. To encourage the bone cells to grow I will undergo electric bone stimulation therapy as soon as the surgery is completed.
The surgery schedule is not set yet; I'll post the time and date as soon as that information becomes available. I'm praying for either this coming Thursday or next Tuesday----God is going to have to open up a space and time for the coordination of two neurosurgeons and an OR this quickly.
Thank you for your continued prayer for clear direction and wisdom for all involved in this process, surgeon, his team, and for Brian and I.
Exodus 14:14

No comments:

Post a Comment